Looking for my EntreCard drop list? Just click on the button.

2.11.2010

Replaced my battery - Other car

.

I had to do another battery replacement on my other car last December after bringing it to the dealer for an oil change. They mentioned that I had to change the battery and is asking for $118 again. It's the same charge they were asking back in October.

My dad bought me another battery from Walmart and final price after returning the old battery is $67.50 just like the last time.

Here are the step by step procedures on how I replaced my car's battery:

1. Open the hood and get the appropriate wrench to be able to remove the terminals and the brackets.
Side note: My old battery's brand is DieHard and it really died hard. I believe it's on my car for more than 5 years.
2. Be sure to have a new battery. Just common sense, you cannot replace your battery without a replacement. :)
3. Remove the Negative Terminal connection first.
4. Remove the Positive Terminal connection next.
5. Loosen the bolts on the bracket to be able to remove the old battery.
6. Battery removed.
7. Place the new battery.
8. Re-assemble the brackets but do not tighten the bolts. Remove the red and black plastic covers on the terminals.
9. Install the Positive Terminal connection first and tighten the bolt. Make sure the cable will not move.
10. Install the negative terminal connection next and tighten the bolt. Make sure the cable will not move as well.
11. Tighten up the bolts on the bracket to make sure the battery will not move.
12. Start the car to test the battery

There you go. Hope these steps help you should you tackle the battery replacement yourself.

1 comment

113Directory said...

Looking for sites like yours to help grow our blogs category. Please submit when you feel ready.

For the next 24 hours we are giving away featured list reviews for those people that signup for our monthly newsletter with the attached link.

http://eepurl.com/e2pu

Post a Comment

  • Site Build It!
 

Visitors